[Pythonmac-SIG] ZORB for MacOS?

Francois Granger fgranger@altern.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:00:10 +0200

At 14:20 -0400 26/07/00, in message Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] ZORB for
MacOS?, Tom Loredo wrote:
>Hi folks-
>
> > MacPython 1.6a2 has threading, so if someone would like to give
>Zope a testrun
> > and report the results back here that would be very helpful.
>
>I'm still using 1.5.2 at the moment, but I can report that the modules
>needed for ZODB appear to compile fine (with some minor changes to one
>source file that Jim Fulton helped me with).  I still have to
>exercise it to make sure it's working, but once it is, I'll post
>the shared libraries (PPC only) and sample scripts for others to use.

This look nice. We may have good use of such a tool. And I am not
good enough to do such a thing.

>Zope itself is a web server and not of immediate use/interest to me,
>so I can't comment on what it would take to get it running.  I have to
>confess that there doesn't appear to be much interest in the Zope
>world on getting it running on the Mac.  Also, documentation for the
>"internals" is sorely lacking, which seems a shame because it looks
>like there's lots in Zope that could be used outside it if only it
>were better documented.

At this point of time I feel like the Mac is the "Parent pauvre"
(forgotten side) of the Python community ???

Best regards,

François

--
"Computers are like horses; they can sense fear and will act based on
that. Or, look at it like this. If you have a premonition of danger,