[Pythonmac-SIG] Generating QuickTime from MacPython?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:24:49 +0200

I didn't create a quicktime movie, but I did manage to read and
interpret one (i.e. pull the data out, as opposed to letting qt dump
it on-screen). It was a fair bit of work, mainly in understanding the
timebases and such and getting the Qdoffs module to do what it's meant
to do. And some tracks, such as mpeg tracks, are weird.

If someone wants it I can try and disentangle it from the module it's
in, because the rest of the module is under NDA (it's a
quicktime->RealVideo converter) if I remember correctly.

Hmm, there were a few fixes needed to Qtmodule (timebase stuff mainly,
according to the log) and Qdoffs (getting at the actual bits in the
offscreen gworld), so you would probably need 1.6a2 to get this to
work at all.