[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Application problem SOLVED!!!!!

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 01:14:16 +0100

At 12:35 AM +0200 29-07-2000, Jack Jansen wrote:
>I'll ponder on this, does anyone have any bright ideas about how I
>could see the difference between an application and an applet?

Look whether there is a preferences filename resource available; if it's
empty it won't look at the prefs file (or so you told me a long time ago
;-). If I remember correctly, BuildApplication explicitly adds an empty
pref filename resource to achieve this...

(EditPythonPrefs still needs rethinking, though; I don't really like the
fact that it doesn't tell you what exactly you're looking at: even for an
applet I might want to set an option that happens to be the same as the
current global setting. Even worse: the way to set your prefs once and for
all when building apps or applets is to drop its' resource file on
EditPythonPrefs; what would you do then? It's not an applet, it's not an
app, there's probably no pref file name resource, it's... confusing...)

Just