[Pythonmac-SIG] Build Application problem SOLVED!!!!!

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:42:54 -0700

Jack Jansen wrote:

> If you don't change anything it won't write a resource. But apparently
> that scheme needs rethinking for applications, because they don't look
> at the preferences file (but EditPythonPrefs doesn't know this).

I'm still confused by all this Mac resource stuff, but it seems to me
the obvious choice is to put a 'Popt' resource into EVERY application,
regardless of whether it has been changed or not. The idea of an
application (rather than an applet) is that it will act just like any
other application, and should never be influenced by the users Python
installation, or lack thereof.

In any case, for the moment, all we have to do is make sure we change
something in EditPythonPrefs after building an app. Not a big deal.

Thanks for your help on this as well,

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,