[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems using TKinter and with Python 1.5.2c

Sean Hummel <seanh@unforgettable.com> seanh@unforgettable.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 05:36:39 +0000 (GMT)

I keep getting the following message from Python, when I attempt to use
any of the demo TK scripts:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "harddrive:Python
1.5.2c1:Demo:tkinter:matt:animation-w-velocity-ctrl.py", line 1, in ?
    from Tkinter import *
  File "harddrive:Python 1.5.2c1:Lib:lib-tk:Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for
Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

I've done the install cleanly a few times, and have tried custom installs
of the TK and TCL modules only.  But I still keep getting this message.

FYI, I'm using MacOS 9, on my PowerBook G3.

Children are natural mimics who act like their
parents despite every effort to teach them good
manners.
____________seanh@unforgettable.com_____________