[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac ctb module; connection tool names?

Craig Hagerman craig@osa.att.ne.jp
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:09:37 +0900

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help shed some light on the Macintosh 'ctb'
module. I want to use the connection methods provided by this module
(things like Open(timeout) to open a connection, Close(timeout, now) to
close a connection and Status() to see if the connection is still up). My
understanding is that I first have to create a connection object using
CMNew(name, size). I tried the following but it gives and error;

import ctb
ctb.CMNew('AppleModemTool',NONE)

What are some proper values to give here for the "name" required. I thought
that it was supposed to be a connection tool so should be one of;
	Apple Modem Tool
	Serial Tool
	Appletalk ADSP Tool

I really hope that someone out there can help point me in the right
direction as I am really not getting this and can't find any information
further information on line.

Thanks,

Craig Hagerman