[Pythonmac-SIG] Help: compiling a module with MPW

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:13:11 +0100

> Thanks to the excellent documentation from Mr. Webster on using MPW, I
> was able to compile and use a number of fairly complicated python modules
> with no trouble.
>
> However, I am getting a DebugStr: "Attempt to free unallocated or corrupt
> block @ xxxx".  If I ignore this, things seem to work fine.

This looks very much like a malloc mixup: you have allocated a block with
Python malloc() and you're trying to free it with MPW malloc, or the other way
around.

If you make sure you put the PythonCore library before the StdCLib (or any
other MPW libraries) in your link order you should be fine. At least, that's
the trick that works under CodeWarrior, so let's hope it also works for MPW.