[Pythonmac-SIG] Doc cgi python

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:49:51 +0100

Let's look at the bright side for a moment...

Here's some WebStar documentation about the content of the 'sdoc' AE,
which is sent to CGI handlers:

http://www2.starnine.com/support/technotes.tmpl?recordnum=19980521151027&searchvalue=AppleEvent

We need to map as many of these key/value pairs to compatible os.environ key/value
pairs. This should be enough to get the cgi module working. Then all there
is left to do is look into the >32k problem... If I understand it correctly, this
is a matter of sending additional AE's back to WebStar, using the original
AE's connectionID.

Unfortunately the WebStar trial download is 44 megs (!) so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do much testing...

Just