[Pythonmac-SIG] More Mac CGI

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:24:39 +0100

At 6:38 PM +0200 26-03-2000, J=F6rg Kantel wrote:
>Hi Just - it _works_ in the same way as in QuidProQuo - I did it for
>Frontier behind WebStar in the past:
>
>1. Create an alias of pythonslave.py script and rename it
>pythonslave.acgi. Place this alias in the cgi-bin folder of WebStar.
>2. Create a new action called PYTHON with a path of :cgi-bin:pythonslave.ac=
gi.
>3. Create a new suffix mapping: map the .py suffix ton the PYTHON
>action. You can set file type and creator to * and mime type to
>text/html (you can handle your Python CGI for the proper mime type,
>so you can overide the default).
>
>That's the way I run Frontier behind QuidProQuo as well as behind
>WebStar. It should run with Python also (I hope ;o)

Heh, I just found that out this afternoon, but thanks anyway. I had missed
the entire "action" thingy. Works great. I've revamped PythonCGISlave.py,
and it seems to be working nicely. Unix-CGI emulations is also pretty much
done, I just need to do more tests. Or maybe I'll just post it as it is...

Just