[Pythonmac-SIG] Macintosh Appletalk connections?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:42:33 +0200

There may be an AppleEvent interface to mounting disks, in which case you
could wrap this with gensuitemodule.py. But I wouldn't know where to look for
the interface, maybe the network browser, maybe the finder, maybe somewhere
else...

For all practical uses I've had for mounting a remote disk it's always been
the same disk, and then an alias is all you need: just access it and the
remote disk will be mounted automatically by the system. From Python you'll
need to call ResolveAlias, I guess.