[Pythonmac-SIG] tkinter

Jörg Kantel kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:44:47 +0200

>I've seen posts on the newsgroup stating that Tkinter on the Mac is broken.
>I've just started playing with it the past few days, and I'm seeing some odd
>behavior, particularly with the Python IDE locking up when trying to exit a
>Tkinter application. Is it really broken or are people just doing something
>wrong?

No, Tkinter on the Mac isn't completely broken. It didn't work with
the IDE - but this is documented.

But there is also a strange behaviour of the installer (it hides
files and put it on thew wrong places that Tkinter needs).

Also strange is, that the Interpreter freezes by calling Tkinter
interactively - but running the scripts by dropping the file over the
interpreter is still working.

I think I will make an How To during the weekend (if I find time
between testing the wonderfull PythonCGISlave ;o) and if someone is
willing to correct my awfull (d)english I will put it on my website.

HTH
J"org

J"org Kantel               Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science
Computer-Department	   kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de      joerg@kantel.de
Wilhelmstr. 44     http://www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/staff/kantel/kantel.html
D-10117 Berlin fon:+4930-22667-220 mobil:+0170-9023970 fax:+4930-22667-299