[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG digest, Vol 1 #409 - 1 msg

Noboru Yamamoto noboru.yamamoto@kek.jp
Tue, 09 May 2000 12:14:22 +0900

> To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
> Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 00:12:57 +0200
> From: Jack Jansen <jack@oratrix.nl>
> Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 1.6a2 available
>
> MacPython 1.6a2 is available in the usual place (either
> ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac or
> http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac).
>
> I think everything is in shape again (especially the installer, after
> I broke a few things last time), please give it a try and let me know
> about problems: starting with the next alfa (which will probably be
> shortly) I want to start advertising wider again: this one is
> advertised only here on the SIG, like the previous alfa, but I think
> things should be fine for "novices" again as of this one.

I installed 1.6a2 into my PowerMac 8100 with G3 accelerator board
running
MacOS8.1.

Python Interpreter and PythonIDE running OK. However, when I tried to
import Tkinter module in Python Interpreter, I got the error message
something like  "windowsLib is missing".

Do I need more recent Mac OS ( 8.5, 8.6 , 9.0 or X) to run Tkinter on
MacPython 1.6a2?

Noboru Yamamoto
KEKB control group
KEK, JAPAN