[Pythonmac-SIG] old ftp site removed

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 09 May 2000 22:47:29 +0200

Recently, Rob Managan <managan@llnl.gov> said:
> The default installation includes NumPy.
>
> I suppose we could twist some arms and get the sources and projects
> included with the developer's package that you can install.

Consider it twisted:-)

But, I'm not sure what you want. I'd be willing to include the .h
files in the development package, but is that going to do anyone any
good? Are a lot of people writing extensions that make use of the
NumPy shared libraries (because that is basically the only thing you
can do with the development install option: compile your own sources
to link against PythonCore or any of the plugin modules. (Yes, I know,
the 1.6a2 installer has all the projects in Mac:Build, but that's an
oversight. There's nothing you can do with the projects without the
sources).

Sources should come from a source distribution or (preferrably,
nowadays) the CVS repository.