[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG digest, Vol 1 #409 - 1 msg

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 10 May 2000 17:30:51 +0200

> I installed 1.6a2 into my PowerMac 8100 with G3 accelerator board
> running
> MacOS8.1.
>
> Python Interpreter and PythonIDE running OK. However, when I tried to
> import Tkinter module in Python Interpreter, I got the error message
> something like  "windowsLib is missing".

Running without windowsLib is probably not going to be doable: it is part of
Appearance 1.1 (I think), and more and more of MacPython depends on
Appearance. But, if I'm not mistaken you can download Appearance for pre-8.5
MacOS systems. Check out the Apple website, and please let me know the results
so that I can add this info to the release notes and the website.