[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on OSX dp4 screenshot

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:53:25 -0700

At 0:38 -0700 5/20/00, Bob Savage wrote:
>Just in case anyone wants to see it.

Darn, for a moment I thought you'd ported it to X already :-)

I think it would be good to explore creating at least two versions of
Python for X:

- command-line, treating X as a BSD-like OS.  This should be a
moderately straightforward port, except to the extent to which there
could be OS bugs.  I'd love to use this in my work on X; I've never
had the patience to learn shell scripting since I was first spoiled
by Python.  I may attempt this...

- Carbonized, with access to the Mac toolbox.  I don't know offhand
what obstacles there might be, but the Carbon Dater tool could
probably help us find them ...

Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com
http://www.sonosphere.com/  <- new: review of Mother Mallard
                                at the Smithsonian