[Pythonmac-SIG] how to interrupt a running script in 1.6a2 ?

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 15:10:07 +0100

At 7:28 AM -0500 29-05-2000, David and Jessica Fashena wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have just begun using Python and have a basic question.  I was running a
>script (pi.py) in the Python 1.6a2/Demo/scripts folder to calculate Pi
>forever.  Having seen a few thousand digits, I was unable to   halt the
>program, and ultimately had to force a machine restart.   I tried a number
>of different key combinations e.g. cntrl-c, cntrl-d, ESC, command- etc.
>
>Is there a way to halt a running script?

command-period should work (not control). If that fails (which it shouldn't
in this case) command-option-shift-escape does a "force-quit", which should
work for any running app.

Just