[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Per user dirs on Non-Unix platforms (was Re: [Python-Dev] Where to install non-code files) (fwd)

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:16:40 -0700

At 11:41 +0200 5/29/2000, Jack Jansen wrote:
>MacOS 9 logins are rumoured to be not all that stable, and to interfere with
>things like backups and timed tasks, so I've stayed away from them so far. I
>don't know whether there is something like a user home directory.

Mac OS 9 multi-user certainly destabilized my 8100.  I stopped using it and
the machine became happy again.  I haven't tried under Mac OS 9.04:  I had
no compelling reason to use multi-user anyhow (there is only one of me).

  --John (hey, what do you mean "only one of me"...we're in here too!) Baxter
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA