[Pythonmac-SIG] progress report: building Winmodule on OSX (fwd)

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:33:04 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

> Python 2.0 (#3, 10/22/00, 12:04:10)
> [GCC Apple DevKit-based CPP 5.0] on Darwin1.2
> dyld: python Undefined symbols:
> _GetWindowGoAwayFlag
> _GrafObj_New
> _QdRGB_New
> _ResObj_Convert
> _ResObj_New
> _SIOUXSetupMenus
> _mfs_GetFSSpecFSSpec
> _newmfssobject
>
> <error exits Python back to shell>

Compiled Resmodule, Qdmodule and macfsmodule using the same includes
 as I used for Winmodule. Built, linked and run:

bash-2.03$ python
Python 2.0 (#3, 10/22/00, 12:04:10)
[GCC Apple DevKit-based CPP 5.0] on Darwin1.2
>>> import Win
dyld: python Undefined symbols:
_CtlObj_New
_Dialog_Type
_FindApplicationFromCreator
_GetWindowGoAwayFlag
_MenuObj_New
_PyMac_GetFullPath
_SIOUXSetupMenus
bash-2.03$

Which starts to look like I can't easily pluck one module out of
the batch to build -- there's too many cross dependencies, so it's
probably time to write a makefile and figure out how to automate
the build for the whole toolbox set.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."