[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with Mac Python 2.0: Tk and sockets

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:10:16 +0100

There's a very good chance that Tk file handlers won't work. I must admit that
I didn't look into them for this release, and the Tcl/Tk folks have been
changing their I/O model every single release:-(

I'll gladly accept fixes for this problem, but I'm afraid I don't have time to
invest into it myself. The complete tcl/tk sourcetree that I finally managed
to build Python/Tkinter with is available alongside the MacPython sources is
someone wants to give it a try.