[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter crashes

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:19:08 +0100

> whenever I am running any Tk-application (try electrons.py in
> Demo:tkinter:guido) with its window in the foreground, a click
> on the visible part of the PythonInterpreter.out window crashes
> my Mac, so that cmd-opt-esc does not work anymore.
> [...]
> PS:  - MacPython 2.0 (just downloaded), 40 MB Ram assigned to interpreter
>      - MacOS 8.1 US with navigation services on a PB 2400c

No such problem for me (G4/450, MacOS 9.0.4, 26Mb partition for the
interpreter).

Maybe a few other people could try electrons.py and let us hear the results so
we can narrow this down? My guess is that 8.1 is the problem: I got another
message from someone saying that Tcl/Tk 8.3 is unstable on older macosses.