[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter crashes

Jim Boyle boyle5@llnl.gov
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:35:56 -0800

On my PowerMac 7300/200 running OS9 and the MacPython 2.0 final I get
a crash running the pyboids program ( boids is a flocking simulator
described in the Amateur Scientist, Scientific American, Nov 2000,
pyboids is in the vaults of parnassus).

The trackback gives:
TclError: too many nested calls to Tcl_Eval ( infinite loop?)

This codes uses the threading and Tkinter modules.

It runs fine on an 86 box using RedHat6.2 and on the other side of my
Mac using PPCLinux.

The code behaves the same for Python 1.5.2, I was hoping that 2.0
would fix things.

Guido's electrons.py demo runs OK on the 2.0 version.

Jim