[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter crashes

W.T. Bridgman wtbridgman@Radix.Net
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:50:55 -0500

Jack,

I was able to reproduce it with electrons.py.

I just clicked the mouse in the window and when the script finished,
neither ctrl-D or command-Q would let me exit.  Over the command
window, the cursor would flicker between the i-beam and pointer
(stuck in an event loop?).

I was able to switch between other windows and exit other apps.  I
issued a shutdown which hung until I did a command-option-esc in the
PythonInterpreter window.  It successfully killed the app and the
shutdown continued normally.  Earlier, I was forced to do a hardware
reboot.

Then I double-checked without clicking in the Tk window.  Sometimes
it would lock-up the same way, other times I could exit with ctrl-D
or command-Q.

Some other notes about my configuration.  I'm using the owner account
with Multiple Users on.  Also, I occasionally use a Logitech Marble
Mouse USB which has been kind of flakey on my laptop but which was
not in use during these tests.  I still have Python v1.5.1 installed.
I double-checked my Python home settings for both installations and
that seems okay.  BTW, electrons.py no longer works under Python
v1.5.1, crashing unable to 'import rand'.  I'm not sure if this is
relevant.

Anything else I could test?

Hope this is helpful,
Tom