[Pythonmac-SIG] Bug Report: Python debugger can't find source code for modules

Richard.Brooksby@pobox.com Richard.Brooksby@pobox.com
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:25:38 +0000

Hi.

I installed Python 2.0 and moved the "Python 2.0" to my desktop,
where I experimented with it for a while, before moving it to the
"Python" folder in the  "Applications" folder of my startup drive.
But when I try to use the Python IDE to debug an exception in the
"xml.dom.minidom" module it can't find the source.  It seems to be
looking in the desktop folder.  I've tried deleting the Python
preferences and poking around but can't find where the IDE is keeping
this information.  A quick perusal of the IDE source shows that it's
asking the "imp" module for the source code file, but I can't find
any more information than that.

Note the that IDE module browser _can_ find the files.

Thanks.