[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: More update [MacOSX] Re: Where are you with Carbonized Python Mac Modules?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:35:12 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Jack Jansen wrote:

> What is your linker commandline for (for example) Winmodule.so? It appears
> you're somehow not sharing your copy of Qdmodule.so among Winmodule and
> Menumodule. Hmm, or you're recursively importing Winmodule or something.

 I know that I'm doing it totally wrong, Jack. I just don't know enough
OSX to know how to do it right yet!

 On AIX, with it's import and export files, I know you can link to a
library that doesn't yet exist -- the import files tell it what symbols
are going to be resolved from where. I don't know how to do this on OSX
yet, so I'm running into a chicken and egg problem.

> Since MacPython 1.5.2 the core toolbox modules (AE, Ctl, Dlg, Evt, Menu, Qd,
> Res, Win) are expecting to have access to each others globals, mainly the
> xxx_New and xxx_Convert routines. The circular dependencies were getting too
> much to handle. It could be that you're running into the same problem here.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."