[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Building PythonMac

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 22:32:55 +0100

Recently, "Christian Reyes" <christian@rocketnetwork.com> said:
> Hey Jack,
> Not sure if you recall the thread we shared last week about the exception
> handling across code fragments.  But I'm still working on the issue and
> could use some more advice.  Right now I'm looking at two alternatives to
> addressing the problem.  My first alternative involves building the 1.5.2
> code against the MSL shared runtime dll.  But before I attempt that I need
> to be able to build the distributed source.  Which brings me to my first
> issue.
> I'm trying to build the 1.5.2 source using Code Warrior 5.3 and am having
> some difficulty.
> You were right, most of my problems are from conflicts with the GUSI (2.12)
> headers and the MSL headers from 5.3.
> Do you remember what version of CW you used to build the 1.5.2 pythoncore
> and can you give me some suggestions on how to handle building GUSI?  Is
> there another version of Gusi that might be more agreeable with the CW5.3
> MSL headers?

It is long ago, so I'm not 100% sure what I say here is correct, but I
think that 1.5.2 was built with CW Pro 5.0 or 5.1. The
:Mac:Demo:building.html document should have the details. I used a
modified CWGUSI 1.5.2, which you can still find on the ftp site, in
ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac/old .

> My second question is, what version of CW did you use to build the 2.0
> source?  And would you anticipate the 2.0 release having compile issues with
> the GUSI headers?

The 2.0 source distribution should build with CW Pro 5.3 and GUSI
2.1.1.

Building with CW Pro 6 shouldn't be much of a problem, except for
GUSI. You'll need a modified GUSI 2.1.3. I'll put one up on the ftp
site later tonight.