[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python on Mac OS X w/shared modules

Thu, 5 Oct 2000 03:46:01 +0200

> His error is caused by the fact that the system is recognized by configure
> as "next/" without my patch; I have found out that if it was recognized as
> "next/5" then --with-next framework will compile almost correctly, and will
> take care of the __eprintf and _environ symbols

Ah, -lcc_dynamic.

> When I get back to my Mac I can  get some more details for you...
> essentially _environ should be left undefined (via ld's -U option),
> ___eprintf is found using -lcc_dynamic

Sounds good.

> Let me add some stuff to make --with-next-framework build correctly
> as well.

What exactly is that going to do? Will that make a "real" framework?
I could not even figure out how 'make install' is supposed to work in
the framework case.

> HFS+ is case-preserving. As long as fcntlmodule.so can't be imported
> *again* as FCNTLmodule.so, thereby causing a crash! The check_case stuff
> uses the Win32 api, but something like that will be necessary!

Yes, I only meant that as an example. The ugly part is that you have
to read the entire directory to find out what the original spelling of
the file is, unless there is some smarter API.

Regards,
Martin