[Pythonmac-SIG] Darwin build of Python-2.0c1

Tony Lownds tony@metanet.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:36:35 -0700

>Oh, gosh, that reminds me!
>
>Tony, I tried your patches to get 2.0b2 to compile, and I ran into a few
>problems.
>
>My set of compiler tools didn't recognize "-undefined ignore".  It wanted
>"-undefined suppress" instead.
>
>After that switch, it worked fine.  Has anyone else run into this?
>I guess I should try 2.0c1 now.

Thanks, the patch that went into 2.0c1 does use -undefined suppress

>After that switch, it worked fine.  Has anyone else run into this?
>I guess I should try 2.0c1 now.
>
>Also, I had to resort to a bit of hackery to get Numeric-17.0 to compile,
>but now I'm uncertain whether it's just my set of compilation tools, which
>I "borrowed" from the Darwin 1.0.2 distribution.

I have the "borrowed" toolset too. I'm looking forward to downloadable
development tools! I'm sure it will be substantially the same set of stuff
as is in the Darwin CVS tree, plus thier higher level tools.

-Tony Lownds