[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on on a second drive

Francois Granger fgranger@altern.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:59:13 +0200

on 12/10/00 22:27, Jack Jansen at jack@oratrix.nl wrote:

> There's a bug report on the sourceforge site that having Python on a
> second drive causes problems with warm restarts (they don't proceed
> past the happy mac state). Actually the problem may be only with
> removable drives, the bug report isn't very clear, and it is anonymous
> so I can't ask the original submitter.

I can't install on a removable just now. But I installed 2.0c1 on another
partition than the startup one and everything went smooth. I checked that
the alias of PythonCore works properly. I inspected it with Resedit.

I have another issue. If I launch EditPythonPref and I click on set
$(PYTHON) home folder. I select the folder I want. I clicks "Choose". The
windows of EditPython Prefs is grayed and I can't click OK. Up to now the
only way arount is "cmd-opt-esc".

--=20
Fran=E7ois Granger
fgranger@altern.org