[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.0c1 stdio window options

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:47:49 +0200

> The new EditPythonPrefs gives the following options:
>
>     Keep stdio window open on:
>       o Always          o Unseen output
>       o Error exit      o Never
>
> Perhaps I'm dense, but I don't understand what "Unseen output" means.

It means "if the last operation to the window was a write, not a read". If
this is the case there's a good chance the user hasn't had a chance to look at
it, so we don't want to close the console window.

I'm open to suggestions as to other wording...

> It's a small nit, but I would change the option to:
>
>     Keep stdio window open:
>       o Always          o On unseen output (or something better ;)
>       o On error exit   o Never

Ok, good idea.