[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: stackless/uthreads/continuation

Craig Amundsen cdamundsen@earthlink.net
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:42:37 -0700

Hi -
>  The continuation module is a builtin module, that lives inside the
>  stackless PythonCore. It sounds like stackless hasn't been installed
>  properly yet. Maybe my instructions weren't complete: you'll probably have
>  to run the ConfigurePython applet afterwards. If you start the interpreter
>  or the IDE, the Python version number should be 1.5.42+.

Thanks for the information. I will stop looking for the module. The new core
does report the proper version number.

I figured out my problem with uthread.py. The interpreter complained about
'\r characters when I tried to import uthread. Replacing them with '\n' solved
all my problems. Now the examples work as advertised.

- Craig