[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.0c1 and LinearAlgebra/Matrix

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:32:03 +0200

> I think you can work around the problem by adding to sys.path:
>
> $(PYTHON):Extensions:Numerical:Packages:LALITE:Lib
>
> allows import Matrix and LinearAlgebra to work (well it seems to fix the
> stuff I'm using it for).

Yep, it works for those two, but not for RNG and some of the others.

I've taken the plunge and added a Numerical:Lib:Packages to the distribution
(and to sys.path) and put a readme in there explaining that these files are
copies and the reason for them being there.

I don't think I'll be doing a 2.0c2 distribution, I'll just go straight to 2.0
final, but that does mean that I would like some of the Numerically-inclined
people here to try it quickly and let me know if the solution doesn't work.

I'll probably announce 2.0 to the SIG first, and then wait a day for feedback
before I put it on the website and make a more general announcement.

By the way: does anyone have good suggestions for places where we could send
the announcement, aside from comp.lang.python.announce?