[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.0 final installer available - please test

Jörg Kantel joerg@kantel.de
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:32:31 +0200

>on 10/23/00 4:29 AM, Jack Jansen at jack@oratrix.nl wrote:
>
>>  Folks, the 2.0 final installer is available in
>>  ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac , please try it. I'll wait
>>  announcing it until I've had a couple of reports that it looks good.
>
>I did have some problems installing on a PB G3/266 with System 8.6 and a
>number of extensions including Kaleidoscope. The install got to the
>"Finishing Installation" placard normally, then the watch spun slowly for
>about 30 seconds and stopped with the machine frozen except for mouse
>movement. After a few more minutes of nothing, cmd-opt-esc yielded a "Quit

I run in a similar error but after putting my old Python 1.5c2 in the
trash, everything worked fine. It seems that the installer tries to
start the "nearest" Python Interpreter for finishing and that's in
some cases the old one...

But that's only my suggestion.

HTH
J"org