[Pythonmac-SIG] Running a script "from scratch" from the IDE

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:37:49 +0200

> I often find that I want to run a script "from scratch" form the IDE.
> What I mean is that is should run EXACTLY the same as it would if
> dropped on the interpreter. All old references to variable will be gone,
> all files closed, and all moduled reloaded (even nested modules).
>
> Is it possible to do this?

The only reasonable way to do this would be to have the IDE fire up a Python
interpreter. That would also solve the Tk problem, by the way.

There's been some discussion on this (don't remember whether it was on the
list or a private exchange between Just and me) but I don't remember whether
actual code was written.