[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonCore + debugger

Magladry, Stephen stephenm@humongous.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:13:17 -0700

Refer to the Targeting Mac Os reference from the Metrowerks documentation.
There you will find a discussion about Monolithic verses multi-fragment
libraries. The key difference is monolithic are stand-alone libraries and
must handle their own exceptions. A multi-fragment shared library has a
shared library that handles all exceptions for what ever other shared
library that is part of your project.

In looking at the PythonCorePPC.prj it appears to be using the wrong
library. The table 5.2 in Targeting Mac OS states that
"MSL ShLib-Runtime.Lib" should be used for a c or c++ Multi-fragment share
library. It appears the project uses "MSL App-Runtime.Lib" with should be
used for a c or c++ Multi-fragment Application. Or Am I missing something.