[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleScript guru needed

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:58:43 +0200

Hi folks,
I just ran into a problem with MacPython OSA support. Two problems,
actually:
1. The CodeWarrior suite declares both a property "project document"
and a class "project document". As you wil understand this does not
work well, as these both end up in the same namespace, and both with
the same name "project_document". Is it legal OSA to have properties
and classes with the same name? If it is: can anyone think of a
workaround for MacPython?

2. Aepack does not handle passing classes as arguments. If anyone
feels like fixing this: please be my guest. The symptom is that if you
do "xxx.make(new=classname)" it should pass
aetypes.Type(classname.wantd). Hmm, maybe if this is fixed the
previous problem isn't a problem anymore.... Oh sigh, my brain always
turns inside out when I try to reason about OSA:-(

Any help is appreceated,
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++