[Pythonmac-SIG] New 2.0b1+ MacPython distribution

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:11:23 +0200

Folks,
as I'm away for holidays from this afternoon I've created the
mandatory distribution. It is untested (I didn't even try installing
it myself)and I've created it mainly so Corran can continue his work
on Distutils, but if anyone else wants to give it a go the're welcome
to try it. It's in the ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/python/mac folder and it
has "2.0b1plus" in the name.

Highlights are EasyDialogs.GetArgv(), which is a nice way to get
unix-style sys.argv arguments on the mac; mkcwproject, a module to
create CodeWarrior projects from scratch; the new "keep console open"
options and fixed gdbm and Numeric.

If you install this be aware that the version number is still 2.0b1
but the preference file format has changed, so you will probably have
to remove your old preferences file from the system folder before
installing.
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++