[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python on Mac OS X w/shared modules

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:57:52 +0200

> Anybody have any ideas what ___eprintf is for? I'm using the
> development tools copied from Darwin; does anybody here have "real"
> Mac OS X Developer Tools, and if so does this error happen for them?

__eprintf is used inside the assert macro, and defined in libgcc2.c:

#include <stdio.h>
/* This is used by the `assert' macro.  */
void
__eprintf (const char *string, const char *expression,
           unsigned int line, const char *filename)
{
  fprintf (stderr, string, expression, line, filename);
  fflush (stderr);
  abort ();
}

It then appears that you are not linking with libgcc.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Regards,
Martin