[Pythonmac-SIG] Using a unix Python with a MacPython Lib tree

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Has anyone tried (on OSX) using a Unix Python with a MacPython Lib tree? From
> what I've read on CR/LF translation and such it might just work.
>
> If someone could give it a try (probably putting your unix-Python binary in
> the MacPython toplevel directory is good enough) and let me know the results
> I'd be interested in hearing them.
>
> If this works, or if there's an easy way to make this work, we could have a
> single distribution that contains classic MacPython, Carbon MacPython and BSD
> Python in one package.

I thought I had already found (accidently) that that doesn't work.

Just in case I was confused, I tried it again, and it still doesn't work.

Some import fail silently (probably there's a comment char that kills
the whole "line" (that is, the whole file) and others give a syntax
error.

-- Steve