[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Import hook to do end-of-line conversion?

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:26:47 +1200 (NZST)

Jack Jansen <jack@oratrix.nl>:

> read modules with either \r, \n or \r\n newlines
> Does this sound like a good idea?

YES! It's always annoyed me that the Mac (seemingly without
good reason) complains about sources with \n line endings.
I have often shuttled code between Mac and Unix systems
during development, and having to do \r/\n translations
every time is a royal pain.

> Would it be of enough interest to include it in the
> core Lib?

I'd vote for building it right into the interpreter! Is
there any reason why anyone would want *not* to have it?