[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python for OS X

kevin parks cpsoct@lycos.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:48:50 +0900

Is there another build of Python for OS X? I followed the links from the mac python page to the OS precomiled page and found a confusing page with three things that looked nearly identical, but being somewhat lucky got the thing i though i needed called

Python-2.0-2.pkg.tgz

I unziped and untared it and saw the old heartwarming NeXT-y box package icon. So i thought that i was home free, but no go. I logged in as root and tried to install. The installer launched, said the funny nonsense about it taking 0 MB (or 100 MB, seemingly random depending apon the disk i pointed it to) and then hit install. In said" unpacking..." for a long time and that was it. It never did anything else. I forced the installer to quit, tried again and the same deal.

vitals:
OS X
Powerbook Pismo (firewire) G3
192 MB ram.