[Pythonmac-SIG] Anyone got MySQLdb working under MacOS-X?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:47:32 +0100

Hi all,
I've downloaded a Darwin binary release of MySQL
(mysql-3.23.27-beta-apple-darwin1.2-powerpc) and he MySQLdb package from
dustman.net.

After fiddlng with the setup.py to point to where my mysql includes and
libraries are, I got the thing to compile and install ok.

Thing is when I try to use it...

[localhost:~/software/MySQL-python-0.3.5] tonymcd% python
Python 2.0 (#3, 10/22/00, 12:04:10)
[GCC Apple DevKit-based CPP 5.0] on Darwin1.2
>>> import MySQLdb
dyld: python multiple definitions of symbol _strtol
/System/Library/Frameworks/System.framework/Versions/B/System(strtol.o)
definition of _strtol
/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_mysql.so definition of _strtol

I've compiled the same under Solaris and LinuxPPC with no problems, but the
MacOS-X stuff is very new to me.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can try now?

TIA
Tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140