[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Import hook to do end-of-line conversion?

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:52:11 +0300

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Greg Ewing <greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> That's a good point. The only thing that could break is if
> you opened a non-Unix file in *text* mode, and then expected
> it to behave as though it had been opened in *binary* mode.
> I can't imagine any code being screwy enough to do that!

Then you've got another thing coming. Most UNIXers aren't aware
that the 'b' modifier exists: open(file) opens the file, whether
it is text or binary.
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,