[Pythonmac-SIG] Scrap.GetScrap() ?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:21:41 +0200

> But now there is *no* clipboard access :-(
>
> I don't understand why Apple doesn't support the old scrap manager under Carbon.
> And it's really dumb to replace it with something "non-trivial".

Well, it's not _that_ complicated, it's just that I didn't put it high on my
priority list. If you've used bgen (you have, haven't you?) then half a day's
work should get you there: basically the wrapper code around the ScrapRef
object, New/Convert routines for ScrapFlavorInfo and a bit of magic for the
GetScrapFlavorInfoList array in/out parameter. I think the promise keeper UPPs
are not really needed, otherwsie that'll be a bit of work too.

But if you wait for me it may be a few weeks before I find the half day: too
busy with OSX and 2.1.1 at the moment (not to mention real work:-).