[Pythonmac-SIG] Packaging all toolbox modules in a package

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:56:04 +0200

Jack Jansen wrote:

> Yep, for one release. What I'm thinking of doing is putting all the toolbox
> ..slb's and the stuff from lib-toolbox into :Mac:Lib:Carbon. By default
> :Mac:Lib:Carbon would be on sys.path for 1 release.
>
> Actually, I might convert the whole library to use "from Carbon import Res",
> leave :Mac:Lib:Carbon out of sys.path by default and add a prominent note to
> the release notes. Comments?

I think that's too harsh.

> > Even more major: how about :Mac:Lib and other assorted modules? A package
> > named "Mac"?
>
> I haven't a clue, really.

In what sense?

It's a whole bunch of modules, including lib-toolbox, lib-scripting,
lib-scriptpackages. "import findertools" becomes "from Mac import findertools".
Worth it?

Just