[Pythonmac-SIG] Packaging all toolbox modules in a package

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:00:40 +0200

Just thought of another naming issue. Not all the toolbox modules are
technically part of Carbon. For instance, QuickTime is in it's own framework,
and CF is in CoreFoundation.

Moreover, Waste isn't really part of any framework.

On the one hand it is a pretty easy solution to simply dump everything into
Carbon. On the other hand we may well make life easier for future Pythonistas
if we follow Apple's naming convention.

The latter would also mean that at some point we have a Carbon.Carbon module
which would be something like
	from Ctl import *
	from Controls import *
	from Dlg import *
	from Dialogs import *

Thereby if you see in Apple's documentation that you should
	#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
you know that in Python you do
	from Carbon.Carbon import *