[Pythonmac-SIG] Carbon events

Doug Wyatt dwyatt@apple.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:33:39 -0700

On Tuesday, August 14, 2001, at 09:01 , Just van Rossum wrote:
> Doug Wyatt wrote:
>
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.
>> framework/Versions/A/Headers/CarbonEvents.h
>>
>> but you'd just #include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
>
> Is it not available under OS9? (I do have a machine running OSX, I'm
> just
> wondering.)

Hmm, the afore-mentioned header says the functions are available under 9
with CarbonLib.

Perhaps you need to have a separately downloaded Carbon SDK installed?
Please forgive my ignorance, I haven't done any development on 9 or with
CoreWarrior in about 18 months now.

I thought of another possible approach, which would be to run a separate
cooperative (not preemptive) thread to do window refreshes and whatever
other limited set of tasks can be safely serviced while blocked on I/O
(watching for cancellation clicks/keys?), and then just use synchronous
I/O in the main thread.

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt
work:  dwyatt@apple.com  (CoreAudio)

"Changing OS's is the corporate equivalent of molting -- you're very
  vulnerable after you've done it but you have to do it to survive".
	-- Ray Spears