[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Framework

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:38:29 +0200

Recently, Nathan Heagy <nathan@vividworks.com> said:
> I'm two steps behind here, but whatever. Does this mean that If I write a
> OS X app in python with this framework my users will need to install the
> framework on their machines to run my app?

That depends. If you write a fully standalone app you can stuff the
framework into your app's local Frameworks folder, so install is a
simple drag and drop of your app.

And if your app is a BSD script (or set of scripts) I think you can
tell the Apple OSX installer that it should put the framework into
/Library/Frameworks and the rest of the stuff where you want it on
$PATH or so.

And there are various other possibilities.