[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Running Zope/ZODB on MacPython

Tom Loredo loredo@astrosun.astro.cornell.edu
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:54:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Kari-Hans-

> I am wondering does anyone have experience
> running Zope or StandaloneZODB on MacPython?

I've compiled ZODB for MacPython, though I assembled it before
StandaloneZODB existed, and have found it easier to update the
distribution I created using recent Zope sources than to try to get
StandaloneZODB to work directly.  I've only tried a couple very simple
apps with it, but it seems to work.  I could put the shared libraries
and the modules in an archive for folks to fool with (no setup.py yet;
you'll have to drag and drop...).  It hasn't been tested, and I'd be
interested to have someone who knows ZODB give it a more thorough
test.  Also, I'd like to use Catalog with it, but I'm having trouble
figuring that out, so that's untested, too.

For all I know the most recent StandaloneZODB compiles directly
on the Mac.

-Tom Loredo