[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on old Mac

Hans Nowak H.Nowak@css.nl
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:33:22 +0200

Howdy y'all,

Some time ago, while being in the US, I impulsively bought an old Mac. Chances
are that I will relocate to the US Real Soon Now, and I probably will have no
computer access there for a while, except for this machine.

I obviously would like to run Python on it. Clever as I am, I forgot to write
down the specs, so I can only guess what type of Mac it is... I'm pretty sure
it's a Performa, 68LC040, but I don't know what OS runs on it (my guess:
7.x?). Since I have never worked with a Macintosh before, I don't know which
Python versions work on this one. I think that 2.0 and higher will not work
(PPC only?), but what about 1.5.2?

Regards,

--
Hans Nowak (h.nowak@css.nl)