[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with multithreaded I/O or import, an yone?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:35:09 -0400

Jack,

	Please be aware, that I have not had a chance to try this on a
equivalent
Windows NT system... So this maybe a _python_ issue, not a MacPython
Issue...

	When I use httplib, to connect to a Docushare Server, and retrieve
the
resulting XML file, readlines, or read(-1), doesn't seem to work
correctly...
readlines should read the entire document and then return... My
understanding is the
same with read(-1)....

	Instead I was forced to write a "looping" logic, which reads back
"chunks" of
data, which I can merge....  Otherwise I get incomplete documents....

	I doubt this is any help, but that's the only major problem I've
seen with
MacPython.... And of course, the lack of a easy API to the clock... But I
got around
that one with calldll.... (But it's still kludgy!!) <grin>

			- Benjamin